« Home | Some consumer good news » | Sunday, April 15 Recap » | Easter Sunday - April 8 » | Good Friday - April 6 » | Celebration Sunday - April 1 » | I know, I know, I know! » | What a day! » | Mark Roach » | Sunday, March 25 Recap » | Productivity helpers »

Sunday, April 22 Recap

Another great week in a series that I'm really enjoying. This week was all about security - "Will everything be okay?" In light of Virginia Tech we decided to switch weeks and talk about security on Sunday and push our discussion on significance to next week. It's good to be flexible.

Sunday, April 22 - "Dear God, I Have A Question"
"Will everything be okay?" - Matthew 11
Your Name Is Holy - Brian Doerksen
Forever - Chris Tomlin
That's Why We Praise Him - Tommy Walker

Faithful One - Brian Doerksen
Everything Cries Holy - Robin Mark

Rescue - Jared Anderson

Great morning. The songs flowed really well and our worship leader did a great job. We closed the service with "Rescue" as a presentation song and the band hit it out of the park!

During the service we also prayed together as a congregation through Psalm 62. It went something like this:


My soul finds rest in You alone; my salvation comes from You.
You alone are my rock and my salvation;
You are my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Our Father, we declare today that our confidence and our trust is in You.
You are our rock - You are steady and a strong foundation.
You are our fortress - You protect and guard us.
We will never be shaken. We know that You are faithful and unchanging. We place our confidence in You.

My salvation and my honour depend on You, God;
You are my mighty rock, my refuge.
O God, we trust in You at all times;
We pour out our hearts to You, for You are our refuge.

Our Father, we declare today that our dependence is upon You.
We place our hope and our faith in You and we know that You are mighty.
When we come to You, You hear. When we pour out our hearts, You listen.
So we do this now, together. We stop and take time to bring our prayers before You and we ask that You would hear as we pour out our hearts.

One thing You have spoken, two things I have heard:
That You, O God, are strong, and that You, O Lord, are loving.

Our Father, we declare today that Your love for us, Your children,
is without condition.
You are strong and You are loving.
You are mighty and You are tender.
You are the conquering King and you are the gentle Shepherd.
Thank You, Father, for Your love, Your strength, Your faithfulness.
You alone are our rock and our salvation.
Amen.