« Home | Link - How Canadians Can Save the American Church » | Sunday, February 18 Recap » | Does it look Canadian? » | Sunday, February 11 Recap » | Introductions and all that.. »

Sunday, February 25 Recap

On Sunday we launched BEYOND - a 6-week stewardship emphasis where we will be focusing on how we manage and invest our time, our talent and our treasure. At the end of this 6-week period everyone at our church will be asked to make a pledge in each of those areas of their lives.

I'm really excited about our Celebration Sunday in April when we'll see kids, students and families coming together to commit to financially supporting our "Transform our Region, Transform our World" vision for the next three years. This is an exciting time in the life of OBC and I really do feel privileged to be a part of it.

So here's what we did on Sunday -

Sunday, February 25, 2007 - "Generous Living"
Matthew 25:14-30

Your Grace Is Enough - Matt Maher (we do the Chris Tomlin version)
That's Why We Praise Him - Tommy Walker

Everlasting God - Brenton Brown & Ken Riley
Awesome God (chorus only) - Rich Mullins
Your Love Oh Lord - Third Day
How Awesome Is Our God - Chris Vacher

Be My Everything - Tim Hughes

One of the things we're looking to explore here is the whole idea of "indigenous worship expression" - basically a fancy way of saying that we're going to be encouraging our own people to write music, create artwork, tell stories, etc which all tell the story of God and encourage our church to worship Him.

This will be a long process - it certainly does not happen overnight! One of the small steps in this process is me putting myself and my songs out there first. "How Awesome Is Our God" is a song that I wrote this year which we've used a couple of times. Right now it's just a chorus - and I've done some tweaking to make it a better chorus - and I'm currently working on developing the rest of the song.

Writing is not a natural process for me. It is a discipline. Songs do not just pour out of my guitar. As this whole idea of indigenous worship expression becomes more and more important here, the discipline of creating artwork will become more ingrained in our culture.