« Home | Introductions and all that.. »

Sunday, February 11 Recap

I'm thinking that the majority of the posts here will simply be a recap of the previous Sunday's service and me giving a little bit more insight into why we chose these specific elements or why the service was structured a certain way..

I know that when I'm looking at putting a service together I'm always looking to see how other people have used certain songs, so hopefully this can be helpful for people.. I think it will also be helpful for the worship ministry volunteers here at the church to hear from me about why we choose to do things the way we do them..

We have two services at OBC - 9:00 and 11:00 - and both of them are identical except for the rare occasion when we have baptisms or child dedications in only one service..

Sunday, February 11, 2007 - "Revive Us"
2 Chronicles 7:14

Forever - Chris Tomlin
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin & Louie Giglio
Reign In Me - Brenton Brown

Come Now Is The Time To Worship - Brian Doerksen
All The Earth Will Sing Your Praises - Paul Baloche
When I Survey The Wondrous Cross - Isaac Watts
The Power Of The Cross - Keith Getty & Stuart Townend

In Christ Alone - Keith Getty & Stuart Townend

Using two songs by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend was not intentional - we weren't trying to increase our UK content!! Earl's message this week focused on the "pray" section of 2 Chr 7:14 and coming out of the humility focus last week we spent a lot of time talking about the confession aspect of prayer and how important it is to acknowledge sin and deal with it. So to bookend the message with a song about the cross and a song about the faith we place in Christ alone made a lot of sense.

"The Power Of The Cross" is a new song that I learned at a conference that went over pretty well - we'll probably add it to our on-going repertoire.. The lyrics are so full of great stuff.. I love it..